How to Care for the Film
Q: How is care of XPEL ULTIMATE different than other films?
XPEL ULTIMATE Paint Protection Film requires less maintenance than any other brand of film on the market. Our general care instructions are:
• Wait 48 hours after installation to wash your car
• Remove insect or other stains with bug and tar remover
• Stubborn stains can be removed with 99% isopropyl alcohol or lacquer thinner. Take care to keep these chemicals off the vehicle’s paint
• Seal with XPEL Flawless Finish Paint Protection Film Sealant at least once every 3 months to preserve high gloss
• Light scratches in the film will self-heal in 20-30 minutes at room temperature. In colder conditions, or to accelerate the process, pour warm water (120°F) over the affected area
Q: Can I wax the film when I wax the rest of the car?
A: Unlike most paint protection films on the market, XPEL ULTIMATE Paint Protection film can be waxed and sealed just like your paint. Though XPEL Flawless Finish Paint Protection Film Sealant is still the preferred product, any automotive wax or sealant may be used.
Q: Will XPEL ULTIMATE make the paint underneath the film fade at a different rate?
A: No. XPEL ULTIMATE Paint Protection Film allows UV to pass through the film and fade the paint underneath at the same rate as the exposed paint.
Q: Does XPEL ULTIMATE Paint Protection Film install the same way as other films?
A: All paint protection films on the market install at least slightly different from one another. This is due to differences in adhesive chemistry, clear coat density, etc. XPEL ULTIMATE is an extremely installer-friendly film when applied using XPEL's recommended installation guidelines.
Q: Can I stretch the film if it has an automotive clear-coat on top?
A: XPEL ULTIMATE can be stretched just like any other paint protection film. The only difference that will be felt is that some extra force will be needed to stretch the film due to the greater density of the clear coat.
Q: What does the XPEL ULTIMATE 10 year warranty cover?
A: XPEL warrants XPEL ULTIMATE Paint Protection Film to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for ten (10) years from the date of purchase. Covered defects include: yellowing, staining, cracking, blistering and delaminating. This warranty does not extend coverage to damage caused by normal wear and tear, road debris impact, accidents, collisions or intentional damage of any kind.
Q: Does the warranty include labor to replace the film?
FAQs from EXPEL’s official site.
A: Yes. Reimbursement for labor charges covered by the warranty will be made directly to the Authorized XPEL Dealer performing warranty replacement.